Homework

On the topic of homework……..

I will begin sending home a homework list which will describe all assignments and activities.  This will be your child’s planner.  They will still be responsible for planning when they will do their work but this will support any questions that might arise at home. 

Also, I will be meeting with each student about the homework process to check in on how it’s going and how we can adjust if needed.  One option I will be giving students is to continue to use the planner or to use a one-page planner for the week.  

This seems like a natural time of year to have a check-in as we are just finishing our first quarter.  I welcome any ideas and/or feedback as to how to connect school and home.  

In Math, we will be learning Athletics which is an online math support program.  This program supports fluency in math across all strands.  This will be a part of homework starting after next week.  We will practice logging in and navigating the program at school and then at home.  I will send home passwords for athletics the week we start.  Very exciting!!!

Happy weekend