State House

Our journey took us to the State House and we started with a big idea (something we wanted to make a law) and we went through the motions of getting the idea passed.  We finished the State House tour by playing some geography games on a giant VT map.  Our next stop was the history museum where we went on a scavenger hunt with a small group.  Thank you to the Izzy’s family for awesome morning snacks!  Many thanks to Shauna for driving and providing a wonderful afternoon snack!  Of course the trip wouldn’t be possible without our committed bus driver, Libby, you are amazing!

In our words we reflected upon what we learned, what we liked and what was interesting and here is what we wrote…..

I learned about the process of how a law becomes a law . I liked that it was so modern and fancy it was marvelous. It was cool that we sale a picture  of the civil war . Then we went to this big map and we played a game  that was cool. Then we went to a mosam and went on a skavenjar hunt the musam was fantastic.  

I learned that the state house is really really really really really really really really old. I liked stamping the law that Eva wrote. I loved how fancy the state house looks. 

I learned that the state house was rebuilt three times!! First it wood and it got taken down and the 2ed one got bared down. I liked seeing all the rooms. One was small. Another one was medium size. The next room was huge. I did not thick there would fossils be on the floor. 

I learned that the state house has golden  on the top.  I like the phones at the museum .  the statehouse has a lot of  rooms.  The state house was smaller than imagined. I thot  we were  gast going to the state house. 

I learned that the state house is 150 years old!! I liked the vermont history museum. I liked the wigwam inside it. It was amazing to see fossils in the marble that was on the ground!!!! I loved that it was so fancy!                             

On  our fieldtrip I learned what they do with the papper that has an idea. I liked the phones at the museum. When I got there at the  state house it looked smaller then I was thinking.

One thought on “State House