CLIC week

We had an amazing Farm to Table CLIC week.  Monday we started our week learning from an expert chef, Philip Clayton.  We learned about food pairings and why it is important to use local seasonal food.  On Tuesday we researched what foods are grown in VT and when they are in season.  Wednesday took us to Bread and Butter Farm where we harvested vegetables, fed pigs, planted kale and learned about life on a farm.  On Thursday we chose our main ingredient and decided on a recipe.  Friday was spent slicing, dicing, chopping, sautéing, cooking, roasting and finally tasting.  Tasting was a wonderful experience of new foods cooked in different ways. The recipes were so impressive and delicious.  Overall, our week was one amazing learning experience which ended in fantastic goodness.

One thought on “CLIC week

1. Hi Brea
    As someone who likes to garden, I love these pictures and the CLIC week. Susan and I are on a trip in Vienna and Prague and saw some beautiful vegetable gardens.
    I saw a picture of Henry on VDS FB post enjoying some pizza. Tell Henry if I see another picture of him wearing his hat in school I get his hat back!!!
    Love what you do with the kids!